Aviadenoviruses are adenoviruses that affect birds – particularly chickens, ducks, geese, turkeys and pheasants. There are currently eight species in this genus including the type species Fowl aviadenovirus A. Viruses in this genus cause specific disease syndromes such as Quail Bronchitis (QB), Egg Drop Syndrome (EDS), Haemorrhagic Enteritis (HE), Pheasant Marble Spleen Disease (MSD), Falcon adenovirus A and Inclusion Body Hepatitis (IBH). Avian adenoviruses have a worldwide distribution and it is common to find multiple species on a single farm. The most common serogroups are serogroup 1, 2 and 3. No evidence of transmission from birds to humans has been identified. The virus is mainly spread horizontally by the oro-fecal route, but vertical transmission can occur in serogroup 1. Once it has infected the bird the virus may remain latent until a period of stress, when it may then cause clinical disease. Infections are normally subclinical, however clinical disease can occur – especially in young birds as maternal antibody levels begin to wane. Clinical signs are related to the organ affected. Signs of gastrointestinal disease (Haemorrhagic Enteritis) include diarrhea, anorexia, melena and hematochezia. Anaemia and dehydration may develop secondary to this haemorrhagic enteritis. Signs of reproductive disease (Egg Drop Syndrome) include low egg production/hatching and the laying of abnormal eggs (size, shape, colour, texture). Adenovirus infection may infect other organs, causing a splenitis, inclusion body hepatitis, bronchitis, pulmonary congestion ventriculitis, pancreatitis, or oedema, depending on the species of bird infected.
LiliF™ AAV PCR Kit is able to detect directly and specifically avian adenovirus by CLP™ technology and Maxime™ technology on the basis of a genetic database of target nucleic acid fragments. Therefore, this kit can diagnose very sensitive, fast and accurately. The kit contains a specific primer set for a highly conserved region based on current sequence alignments of avian adenovirus, allowing the DNA detection. It can determine the infecting various serotype and accurately and sensitivity detect multiple detection genes at one time using the conventional PCR method, and take only 2 hours for detection. Fast and sensitive detection of pathogen enables patients to get appropriate treatment and prevent the rapid spreading of disease by separating patients immediately.
• This product is a qualitative PCR testing product with CLP™ technology which provided flexibility in Tm (melting temperature) of primer design for optimization of reaction condition, and maximizes PCR specificity and sensitivity through the control of non-specific priming.
• The assay is a real-time RT-PCR that discriminates avian adenovirus in one reaction. The assay is composed of two principal steps: (1) nucleic acid extraction from specimens, and (2) amplification of the target extracted nucleic acid fragment using specific primers pair.
• For Research Use Only, Not for use in diagnostic procedures.
• This kit is developed, designed, and sold for research purpose only. It is not intended to be used for human or animal diagnosis of diseases. Prior to using it for other purposes, the user must validate the system in compliance with the applicable law, directives, and regulations.
• This product is research reagent of infectious disease for professional use to restrict the public use for animal diseases.
|1||AAV Detection Premix||48 tubes|
|2||AAV Positive Control||25µl x 3 tubes|
|3||DNase/RNase Free Water||1 ml x 1 tube|