Avian pathogenic Escherichia coli (ALV) cause aerosacculitis, polyserositis, septicemia and other mainly extraintestinal diseases in chickens, turkeys and other avian species. ALV are found in the intestinal microflora of healthy birds and most of the diseases associated with them are secondary to environmental and host predisposing factors. ALV isolates commonly belong to certain serogroups, O1, O2 and O78, and to a restricted number of clones. Several experimental models have been developed, permitting a more reliable evaluation of the pathogenicity of E. coli for chickens and turkeys. Hence, virulence factors identified on ALV are adhesins such as the F1 and P fimbriae, and curli, the aerobactin iron sequestering system, K1 capsule, temperature-sensitive hemagglutinin (Tsh), resistance to the bactericidal effects of serum and cytotoxic effects. Experimental infection studies have shown that the air-exchange regions of the lung and the airsacs are important sites of entry of E. coli into the bloodstream of birds during the initial stages of infection and that resistance to phagocytosis may be an important mechanism in the development of the disease. They have also demonstrated that F1 fimbriae are expressed in the respiratory tract, whereas P fimbriae are expressed in the internal organs of infected chickens. The role of these fimbrial adhesins in the development of disease is not yet, however, fully understood. The more recent use of genetic approaches for the identification of new virulence factors will greatly enhance our knowledge of ALV pathogenic mechanisms.
LiliF™ ALV PCR Kit is able to detect directly and specifically gene fragment encoding non structural protein of Avian leuksosis / sarcoma viruses by CLP™ technology and Maxime ™ technology on the basis of a genetic database of target nucleic acid fragments. Therefore, this kit can diagnose very sensitive, fast and accurately. The kit contains a specific primer set for a highly conserved region based on current sequence alignments of gene fragment encoding non structural protein of Avian leuksosis / sarcoma viruses, allowing the DNA detection. It can determine the infecting all serotype and accurately and sensitivity detect multiple detection genes at one time using the conventional PCR method, and take only 2 hours for detection. Fast and sensitive detection of pathogen enables patients to get appropriate treatment and prevent the rapid spreading of disease by separating patients immediately.
• This product is a qualitative PCR testing product with CLP™ technology which provided flexibility in Tm (melting temperature) of primer design for optimization of reaction condition, and maximizes PCR specificity and sensitivity through the control of non-specific priming.
• The assay is a real-time RT-PCR that discriminates Avian leuksosis / sarcoma viruses in one reaction. The assay is composed of two principal steps: (1) nucleic acid extraction from specimens, and (2) amplification of the target extracted nucleic acid fragment using specific primers pair.
• For Research Use Only, Not for use in diagnostic procedures.
• This kit is developed, designed, and sold for research purpose only. It is not intended to be used for human or animal diagnosis of diseases. Prior to using it for other purposes, the user must validate the system in compliance with the applicable law, directives, and regulations.
• This product is research reagent of infectious disease for professional use to restrict the public use for animal diseases.
|1||ALV Detection Premix||48 tubes|
|2||ALV Positive Control||25µl x 3 tubes|
|3||DNase/RNase Free Water||1 ml x 1 tube|