Bovine viral diarrhea or bovine viral diarrhoea, and previously referred to as bovine virus diarrhoea (BVD), is a significant economic disease of cattle that is endemic in the majority of countries throughout the world. The causative agent, bovine viral diarrhea virus (BVDV), is a member of the Pestivirus genus of the family Flaviviridae. BVD infection results in a wide variety of clinical signs, due to its immunosuppressive effects, as well as having a direct effect on respiratory disease and fertility. In addition, BVD infection of a susceptible dam during a certain period of gestation can result in the production of a persistently infected fetus. Pestiviruses are small, spherical, single-stranded, enveloped RNA viruses of 40 to 60 nm in diameter. The genome consists of a single, linear, positive-sense, single-stranded RNA molecule of approximately 12.3 kb.
LiliF™ BVDV Real-time RT-PCR Kit is able to detect directly and specifically BVDV 5’-UTR by real-time PCR technology on the basis of a genetic database of target nucleic acid fragments. Therefore, this kit can diagnose very sensitive, fast and accurately. The kit contains a specific primer and probe set for a highly conserved region based on current sequence alignments of all type of BVDV 5’-UTR allowing the RNA detection. It can determine the infecting all serotype and accurately and sensitivity detect multiple detection genes at one time using the real-time RT-PCR (quantitative) method, and take only 2 hours for detection. Fast and sensitive detection of pathogen enables patients to get appropriate treatment and prevent the rapid spreading of disease by separating patients immediately.
• This product is a qualitative Real-time PCR testing product with 5’ nuclease assay technology and CLP™ technology which provided flexibility in Tm (melting temperature) of primer design for optimization of reaction condition, and maximizes PCR specificity and sensitivity through the control of non-specific priming.
• The assay is a real-time RT-PCR that discriminates BVDV 5’-UTR in one reaction. The assay is composed of two principal steps: (1) nucleic acid extraction from specimens, and (2) amplification of the target extracted nucleic acid fragment using fluorescent probe and specific primers pair.
• It is a product that can detect as BVDV 5’-UTR at the same time by using fluorescence channels (FAM).
• For Research Use Only, Not for use in diagnostic procedures.
• This kit is developed, designed, and sold for research purpose only. It is not intended to be used for human or animal diagnosis of diseases. Prior to using it for other purposes, the user must validate the system in compliance with the applicable law, directives, and regulations.
•This product is research reagent of infectious disease for professional use to restrict the public use for animal diseases.
|1||2X qRT-PCR Master Mix Solution||280 μl x 2 vials|
|2||BVDV 1, 2 Detection Solution||140 μl x 2 vials|
|3||Positive Control||25 μl x 3 vials|
|4||DNase/RNase Free Water||1 ml x 1 vial|