Feline chlamydiosis (also known as feline pneumonitis) is a relatively mild, chronic upper respiratory disease caused by the bacterium Chlamydophila felis (previously Chlamydia psittaci var. felis). The main symptom is conjunctivitis, an abnormal eye discharge due to inflammation of the conjunctiva, the membrane lining the inside of the eyelid. The infection can also cause nasal discharge, sneezing, and pneumonia. Left untreated, the infection tends to become chronic, lasting weeks or months. Chlamydiosis is symptomatic only in the respiratory tract and eyes. When symptoms do appear, the most common include the following: Anorexia (loss of appetite; may occur as the disease progresses), Coughing, Difficulty breathing, Fever (may occur as the disease progresses), Pneumonia (in young kittens 2 to 4 weeks old, which could be fatal), Runny nose (rhinitis), Sneezing, Watery eyes due to conjunctivitis (either one or both eyes). Conjunctivitis is inflammation of the conjunctiva, the thin, transparent membrane that lines the inside of the eyelid. The inflammation leads to discharge, swelling, and pain; the cat’s eyes may be red and weepy. This is the main symptom of chlamydiosis and usually occurs initially in one eye and eventually affects both eyes. Rarely, it becomes chronic.
LiliF™ CHLA PCR Kit is able to detect directly and specifically Chlamydia psittaci by CLP™ technology and Maxime ™ technology on the basis of a genetic database of target nucleic acid fragments. Therefore, this kit can diagnose very sensitive, fast and accurately. The kit contains a specific primer set for a highly conserved region based on current sequence alignments of Chlamydia psittaci, allowing the DNA detection. It can determine the infecting all serotype and accurately and sensitivity detect multiple detection genes at one time using the conventional PCR method, and take only 2-3 hours for detection. Fast and sensitive detection of pathogen enables patients to get appropriate treatment and prevent the rapid spreading of disease by separating patients immediately.
• This product is a qualitative PCR testing product with CLP™ technology which provided flexibility in Tm (melting temperature) of primer design for optimization of reaction condition, and maximizes PCR specificity and sensitivity through the control of non-specific priming.
• This product is optimized for a general purpose PCR machine with a 0.2 ml PCR tube thermal block. Based on the genetic database of the causative Chlamydia psittaci, the reaction product is formed by specific primers of Chlamydia psittaci. After completion of the reaction, confirm whether a band of target size is detected using an electrophoresis and agarose gel.
• For Research Use Only, Not for use in diagnostic procedures.
• This kit is developed, designed, and sold for research purpose only. It is not intended to be used for human or animal diagnosis of diseases. Prior to using it for other purposes, the user must validate the system in compliance with the applicable law, directives, and regulations.
• This product is research reagent of infectious disease for professional use to restrict the public use for animal diseases.
|1||CHLA Detection Premix||48 tubes|
|2||Positive Control||25 μl x 3 tubes|
|3||DNase/RNase Free Water||1 ml x 1 tube|