Infectious Bovine Rhinotracheitis (IBR) is a severe respiratory herpesvirus infection in cattle characterized by tracheitis, rhinitis and fever. The virus may also cause conjunctivitis, infectious pustular vulvovaginitis (IPV), balanoposthitis, abortions, and in rare cases encephalitis. IBR is transmitted horizontally by contact with respiratory, ocular, and reproductive secretions. IBR also acts as an mmunosupressive, predisposing individuals to secondary bacterial infections. The clinical manifestations of the disease affect feed efficiency, milk yield, and reproduction1,2. Another aspect is the transition from a primary manifest infection to a latent state of persistency forming the source of spread following virus reactivation3,4. Economical losses can be high due to these factors and therefore herds should be monitored for the presence of infection. This disease occurs globally, including in Europe and the United States. In Korea, it first occurred in cows introduced in Canada in 1960. It occurs irrespective of age, but mainly occurs at around 3 months of age. Mortality rate is 1-3% at large and higher at calves. Clinical diagnosis can be diagnosed by clinical symptoms and pathologic anatomy but it is necessary to distinguish between malignant cataract and molecular diagnosis using PCR in the secretion of infected individuals.
LiliF™ IBR PCR Kit was designed to detect the nonstructural proteins of Infectious bovine rhinotracheitis directly based on the genetic database and to diagnose it very quickly and accurately. Using PCR (Polymerase Chain Reaction) within 2 hours, It is characterized by its ability to amplify only specific genes, making it a very fast and reliable method. Each tube in the kit contains polymerase, dNTPs, 10x reaction buffer, RNase inhibitor, specific primers for detection, and tracking dye for hot start PCR, except for template specific amplification for PCR. It is very easy to add only distilled water and template.
• This product is an in vitro diagnostic reagent for animals that detects qualitatively by polymerase chain reaction (PCR) to detect Infectious bovine rhinotracheitis virus from animal nasal secretions, swabs, etc.
• In other words, it is a product that can qualitatively diagnose quickly by adding a positive control substance, DNase / RNase free water, supplied from the vial DNA extracted from viral necrosis secretion, swab etc. using viral gene extraction kit.
• This product is optimized for general purpose PCR machine with 0.2 ml PCR tube thermal block. Based on genetic database of Infectious bovine rhinotracheitis virus, After completion of the reaction, make sure that the band of target size is detected using the electrophoresis unit and agarose gel.
• For Research Use Only, Not for use in diagnostic procedures.
• This kit is developed, designed, and sold for research purpose only. It is not intended to be used for human or animal diagnosis of diseases. Prior to using it for other purposes, the user must validate the system in compliance with the applicable law, directives, and regulations.
• This product is research reagent of infectious disease for professional use to restrict the public use for animal diseases.
|1||IBR Detection Premix||48 tubes|
|2||IBR Positive Control||25 μl x 3 tubes|
|3||DNase/RNase Free Water||1 ml x 1 tube|