Feline infectious peritonitis (FIP) is a serious, nearly always fatal systemic viral disease of wild and domestic cats caused by a coronavirus, a type of virus that afflicts pigs, dogs, and in some forms, humans. The clinical name for the virus that causes FIP is feline coronavirus. A common, relatively benign form of feline coronavirus is the feline enteric coronavirus (FECV). When FECV mutates into a disease-causing form, it is called FIPV (feline infectious peritonitis virus). If a cat’s immune system responds poorly, the mutant FECV may cause the systemic infection called FIP. In wet FIP, fluid accumulates in body cavities-typically in the abdominal cavity, where it causes progressive, but generally painless, swelling; or in the thoracic (chest) cavity, where it causes respiratory distress due to compression of the lungs and fluid backing up into the airways. In dry FIP, fluid buildup is minimal and symptoms depend on which organs are affected by lesions. About half of all dry cases produce eye inflammation or neurological problems: paralysis, unsteady gait, and seizures. Other lesions may cause kidney or liver failure. Weight loss, pancreatic disease, depression, anemia, and fever are usually present.
LiliF™ FIP RT-PCR Kit is able to detect directly and specifically feline infectious peritonitis virus by CLP™ technology and Maxime™ technology on the basis of a genetic database of target nucleic acid fragments. Therefore, this kit can diagnose very sensitive, fast and accurately. The kit contains a specific primer set for a highly conserved region based on current sequence alignments of feline infectious peritonitis virus, allowing the RNA detection. It can determine the infecting all serotype and accurately and sensitivity detect multiple detection genes at one time using the conventional RT-PCR method, and take only 2 hours for detection. Fast and sensitive detection of pathogen enables patients to get appropriate treatment and prevent the rapid spreading of disease by separating patients immediately.
• This product is a qualitative RT-PCR testing product with CLP™ technology which provided flexibility in Tm (melting temperature) of primer design for optimization of reaction condition, and maximizes RT-PCR specificity and sensitivity through the control of non-specific priming.
• The assay is a RT-PCR that discriminates feline infectious peritonitis virus in one reaction. The assay is composed of two principal steps: (1) nucleic acid extraction from specimens, and (2) amplification of the target extracted nucleic acid fragment using specific primers pair.
• For Research Use Only, Not for use in diagnostic procedures.
• This kit is developed, designed, and sold for research purpose only. It is not intended to be used for human or animal diagnosis of diseases. Prior to using it for other purposes, the user must validate the system in compliance with the applicable law, directives, and regulations.
• This product is research reagent of infectious disease for professional use to restrict the public use for animal diseases.
|1||FIP Detection Premix||48 tubes|
|2||Positive Control||25 μl x 3 tubes|
|3||DNase/RNase Free Water||1 ml x 1 tube|